New Year bookworks

Subs bought me a bookbinding press/nipper press for Christmas, so I made a new book just to get in practice again before my course starts again next week at the City Lit.  I used four hole sewing without tapes and a curved needle, glued the spine and added bookcloth to the spine and corners

I made the paste papers myself, which I nearly threw away when I made them, but they look okay here, repeated patterns can sometimes work well even if the design is a bit raw!

new-book-pressnew-b-3new-book-4

The top cover was made with pasted papers : using glue and acrylic paint with stamping tools. Book cloth has been added to the spine and corners.

The bottom cover was made using a perspex sheet A3 size rolled up with inks and then paper shapes laid on and printed using a Japanese baren.  You can score onto the back of the printing paper too and also relay down the once printed paper shapes in other areas on the printing plate – these types of covers are my favourite.

Advertisements

About Gandha

I am a London based artist, researcher and walker.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s